Sunday, March 23, 2008

Beyond the cover of IHG

For those who don't know... IHG stands for inter-hall games, something i've been fervently pursuing for 4 years. Which is kinda stupid some people think. Why am i involved in something that doesn't seem productive or value-adding? Trust me. I've asked myself that question a million times... and at the end of it all, it's just down to gut feeling and intuition.

I am a firm subscriber to what Steve Jobs describe as "connecting the dots" in his speech to a bunch of Stanford graduates. In his words, you can only connect the dots looking backwards and not forward. So follow your heart and intuition, and trust it'll all work out someday. If you haven't found something you're passionate about... Keep looking. Don't settle.
Haha. I guess when you have such a prominent figure backing up what you believe in, it's comfortable to know that you're not alone. Having said that, it also seems like a convenient justification/excuse to whatever i'm doing now (includes bumming around)... cos i am following my gut and intuition. =D

IHG has certainly been different this year. Cos i had one less supporter... one that mattered. So amidst all the victories and celebrations... was really... hmm... emptiness. You know how people say life's really just layers and layers of bullshit? Yeah it's something like that. I busied myself with layers and layers of stuff that kept me entertained for sure. Suppering, clubbing, hosting, playing sports, hanging out... you name it i've done it. But as the layers start to peel off, there's nothing.

Oh well, now's not the time to emo momo... cos if i continue languishing in my wistful dream... i'll never find my utopia (in case u think i'm someone who can spout such literary off the top of my head... well i can't. these are my hosting lines for TH dance productions.) Anyways time to end off the blog with some unglam pictures of IHG.










aiyah tired la... upload another day...

0 comments :